To date, Crystal Rig Wind Farm has delivered more than £2.6m in community benefit funds to groups in East Lothian and the Scottish Borders. Crystal Rig IV will see over £8m distributed locally throughout the lifetime of the project.
We are working with the communities closest to the wind farm to explore how we can design a community benefit fund that will support their local aspirations, as well as tackling wide reaching challenges such as fuel poverty and energy efficiency.
We recently formed a Community Liaison Group (CLG) with representatives from:
- Garvald and Morham Community Council
- Innerwick Forum
- East Lammermuir Community Council
- Lammermuir Community Council
- Abbey St. Bathans, Bonkyl and Preston Community Council
- Cockburnspath and Cove Community Council
The CLG will meet bi-monthly to:
- Provide construction updates
- Share feedback on how the work on site is progressing
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues relating to the delivery of the infrastructure on the site and traffic management
- Discuss the Community Benefit Fund
If you have any questions about the CLG please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07435 763 900